Monday, March 27, 2006
defrosted mac and cheese, stirfried vegetables, brown rice, canned sliced pears, toast, and defrosted strawberries
Today was a multi-tasking extravaganza! We did lots of cleaning, packing, organizing, and shopping for the trip. First thing every day is to deliver the paper to Dot and Joe, who are also neighbors in Lavale, Maryland. Cleaning out the fridge has been a task that has made for interesting hostess gifts and a eclectic few meals. We decided it was a good idea to eat lunch out this afternoon and went to Applebees.
We had planned for a game or two of canasta with Ginny and June tonight, also neighbors from Maryland who winter here. They are sweet ladies who let Carrie and I borrow bikes from them a few years back so we could get out and ride through the park, and I have enjoyed spending time with them. They called this afternoon to cancel cards - they have to head back to MD tomorrow early. June's great grandson was born in February and has been in the hospital for a few days with a high fever, and they need to get back a week early to be with their family. We pray they travel safely and that June's great grandson is healthy and home with his family soon.
I have to pack this machine up. We are leaving at 8 tomorrow morning, and I will try and post any adventures we have along the way.
I just added a photo of my g'parents, Blair and Emma Brugh, taken circa 1997 when they first moved down here. I found it in an album at the clubhouse after square dancing.

We had planned for a game or two of canasta with Ginny and June tonight, also neighbors from Maryland who winter here. They are sweet ladies who let Carrie and I borrow bikes from them a few years back so we could get out and ride through the park, and I have enjoyed spending time with them. They called this afternoon to cancel cards - they have to head back to MD tomorrow early. June's great grandson was born in February and has been in the hospital for a few days with a high fever, and they need to get back a week early to be with their family. We pray they travel safely and that June's great grandson is healthy and home with his family soon.
I have to pack this machine up. We are leaving at 8 tomorrow morning, and I will try and post any adventures we have along the way.
I just added a photo of my g'parents, Blair and Emma Brugh, taken circa 1997 when they first moved down here. I found it in an album at the clubhouse after square dancing.
